RSPC Exercise Of Public Rights 2022
Ruspidge & Soudley Parish Council
Notice of Exercise of Public Rights.
1. Date of announcement Wednesday 15th June 20222
2. Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect
and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the
audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and
other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection
by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2022, these documents
will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
Roland Dowding, Clerk to the Council & RFO.
Rheola House, Belle Vue Centre, Cinderford, Glos. GL14 2AB
Tel: 01594 825 343
commencing on Thursday 16th June 2022
and ending on Wednesday 27th July 2022
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
· The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
· The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)
15 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
announcement is made by Roland Dowding Clerk & RFO to RSPC
Notice Date: 15/06/2022